Operates a tractor/trailer to transport goods to and from various company locations. Observes safety practices and rules of the Department of Transportation.
- Transports inbound and outbound freight at multiple BGC stores and vendor locations.
- Complies with tractor/trailer Department of Transportation rules and regulations at all times.
- Assists with monitoring load accuracy and quality. Ensures proper count of pallets being loaded and unloaded.
- Oversees the unloading of merchandise at store locations.
- Maintains delivery logs and properly fills out correct times on trip sheets.
- Communicates with dispatcher to receive notice of changes in delivery schedule. Reports any issues that occur.
- Maintains pre and post inspections of both tractor and trailer and completes inspection reports.
- High school Diploma or GED required.
- Two or more years of recent truck driving experience; or an equivalent combination of experience and/or higher education required.
- Completion of vocational or technical school preferred.
- Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) required.
- Minimum of 25 years of age required.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret information.
- Ability to prepare reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to reason, form concepts and recognize and solve problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal form.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage time.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and productivity.
- Ability to work on-call and flexible schedules including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to frequently travel to off-site and out-of-town locations with possible overnight stays.
- Ability to successfully complete mechanical aptitude and other maintenance related evaluations.
- Ability to operate a pallet jack.
- Ability to use DOT electronic logging device.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of state and federal motor vehicle laws.
Brookshire Grocery Company strives to provide a safe, drug free and alcohol-free environment for its partners and guests. The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information or military status.