Provides support of the SAP environment to ensure stability and optimum performance. May act as the lead SAP administrator, performing system updates, security administration and change control.
- Monitors, supports, troubleshoots, and maintains SAP landscapes.
- Works with business leaders to maintain existing systems and improve system performance.
- Analyzes, recommends, and implements changes following industry best practices.
- Maintains and increases SAP knowledge and skillset by working across multiple SAP environments, including SAP HANA.
- SAP landscape overview includes: DB2 is the primary database, AIX and Linux operating systems, HANA – SAP CAR and CRM, broad range of SAP systems: PI, BI, ECC, (HR, Retail, MM, FI MFG), CRM CAR BOBJ, and support of a 3-tier production and N+1 project landscape.
- Performs system refreshes and client copies.
- Performs system capacity planning.
- Performs, monitors, and tests backups of SAP systems.
- Develops and tests system restore capability.
- Provides documentation of computer system software, system configuration, and guidelines for usage. Maintains records of changes to system software or computer resources for historical reference.
- Ensures computer system integrity through implementation of system backups, recovery procedures, and contingency planning.
- Provides database administration functions, including database design, implementation, tuning, and maintenance.
- Bachelor’s Degree and five or more years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of experience and/or higher education required.
- Advanced knowledge of full lifecycle SAP system and database – production support experience. Includes design, capacity planning, installation, configuration, and maintenance.
- Advanced knowledge of data processing functions, structures, and support needs.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Access, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Ability to troubleshoot, resolve, and prevent system degradation, and user disruption.
- Ability to prepare and analyze complex reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal form.
- Ability to show information in presentation or diagram form.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and productivity.
- Ability to occasionally travel to off-site and out-of-town locations with possible overnight stays.
- Ability to work on-call and flexible schedules including nights, weekends and holidays.
- May be required to drive in accordance with the BGC Driver policy.
Brookshire Grocery Company strives to provide a safe, drug free and alcohol-free environment for its partners and guests. The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information, or military status.