Analyzes, designs, tests, evaluates and provides support for network systems, such as local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN), wireless local area networks (WLAN), Internet, intranet, and other data communications systems. Performs network analysis, planning, installation, and monitoring. Ability to work in a fast past environment, as part of a team with a customer oriented focus.
- Researches and recommends network and data communications hardware and software.
- Maintains and administers computer networks and related computer environments, including routers, firewalls, computer hardware, systems software, and all configurations.
- Plans, coordinates, and implements network security measures in order to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Designs, implements and maintains voice over internet protocol (VoIP) infrastructure.
- Designs, implements and maintains wireless local area network (WLAN) infrastructure.
- Monitors network to ensure network availability and performs necessary maintenance to support network availability.
- Provides trouble shooting for network problems and support for resolution of all network issues.
- Sets up and maintains communications tasks, scheduling, and alerts for all store communications.
- Designs and maintains network components for corporate Internet connection.
- Designs, implements, and maintains network services such as DNS, DHCP, and remote access.
- Assists with design and planning of large scale network projects through vendor comparison and cost studies.
- Gathers data pertaining to user needs, and uses this information to identify, predict, interpret, and evaluate system and network requirements.
- Monitors wide area network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made.
- Provides documentation of network components, configurations, and guidelines for usage. Maintains records of changes to all network resources for historical reference.
- Ensures network integrity through implementation of system backups, recovery procedures, and contingency planning.
- May interface with vendors to select and purchase hardware and software.
- Responds to after-hours requests and resolves problems as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university and four to six years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge of LAN/WAN/WLAN systems, networks, and applications. Very strong switching and routing skills.
- Strong skills and experience with Cisco networking equipment.
- Strong skills and experience with Cisco Security including ASA Firewalls, Sourcefire IPS Systems, IPsec, SSL, AnyConnect and LAN-LAN VPN.
- Preferred experience with Cisco VOIP including Call Manager, Gateways, Unity Connection and voice protocols such as SIP Trunking, MGCP and H.323.
- Preferred experience with Aruba wireless technologies.
- Experience with Certificates, Cas and Root CA’s.
- In-depth knowledge of network protocols and concepts such as TCP/IP, BGP, EIGRP, MPLS, HSRP, NAT, Route Maps.
- Experience with the design and implementation of security policies and procedures.
- Develop, implement, maintain and oversee enforcement of security policies, procedures, and associated plans for system security.
- Monitor server logs, firewall logs, IPS logs and network traffic for unusual or suspicious activity.
- Conduct active penetration tests to discover vulnerabilities in information systems.
Brookshire Grocery Company strives to provide a safe, drug free and alcohol-free environment for its partners and guests. The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information, or military status.