Provides support to Category Manager(s), marketing and other departments by performing routine and detailed analyses. Works with multiple Category Managers and other business leaders who manage categories and promotions in several different departments throughout the business.
- Develops working relationships with company leaders to support strategic business decisions. Provides technical assistance, feedback and insight through detailed analysis.
- Researches and analyzes current market conditions in order to validate related internal data.
- Utilizes the functionality of applicable systems to achieve departmental initiatives.
- Demonstrates professional understanding of competitors and current market conditions.
- Accomplishes essential job responsibilities in accordance with established standard operating procedures and company policy.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with external stakeholders.
- Analyze business and market trends to recommend new strategies for increased sales.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, economics, mathematics, information technology or related field and two or more years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of experience and/or higher education required.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel. Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Outlook, Access and PowerPoint.
- Intermediate knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures related to buying, merchandising and retail operations.
- Ability to read and interpret information related to analytical technology systems, methods or processes.
- Ability to prepare reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to communicate in written and verbal form.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- Ability to occasionally travel to off-site and out of town locations with possible overnight stays.
- Ability to work flexible schedules including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to manage heavy workload with multiple assignments and meet tight deadlines.
Brookshire Grocery Company strives to provide a safe, drug free and alcohol-free environment for its partners and guests. The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information, or military status.