Toddlers LOVE snacks.
In fact, snacks are pretty much their love language.
While you don’t want your child to snack all day and not eat his meals, it’s perfectly fine for him to enjoy some healthy, targeted snacks to help him get through the day.
Brookshire’s is full of great snacks for your toddler to enjoy that will nourish their body and mind.
Some snack ideas your toddler might enjoy include:
- Whole-grain cereal or oatmeal with milk
- “Stir-fry:” Bite-sized pieces of leftover cooked beef or chicken and cooked vegetables
- Milk or yogurt-based fruit smoothies
- Yogurt with pieces of fresh fruit
- Applesauce with whole-grain crackers or graham crackers
- Rice pudding made with milk
- Dessert tofu with fresh fruit
- Small cubes of cheese with whole-grain crackers
- A small whole-grain muffin with fresh fruit and grated cheese or a natural nut butter
- Whole-grain crackers, toast or rice cakes thinly spread with a nut/seed butter or mashed avocado
- Milk or yogurt popsicles blended with fruit
- Banana bread thinly spread with nut or seed butter
- Whole-grain pita bread triangles and bean dip
- Mini cheese quesadilla
- Parfait layered with yogurt and fresh fruit
- Cottage cheese
- String cheese
Whole-grain waffle wedges with nut butter