It’s January, so everyone is thinking about getting healthier, eating healthy or just generally being healthier.
I looked up the top health trends in 2017 because there’s something “new” and “hot” every year, right? I cross-referenced a number of websites to come up with this list of trends for the new year.
- Foods that fight inflammation, like turmeric and ginger tea, and substituting vegetables for grains and starches.
- Wellness travel, like taking yoga classes in Costa Rica or going on a hiking vacation in Colorado.
- Plant proteins instead of animal proteins. Think pea protein and hemp protein as substitutes for your beef or chicken.
- Have you noticed all the hair, skin and nail products on the market these days? Thank collagen and biotin for that, and for your strong hair and long nails.
- Franchised fitness clubs, like OrangeTheory and Pure Barre.
- Functional beverages. These are not shakes or smoothies, nor are they energy drinks or vitamin waters. Instead, they’re billed as “medicinal” and come in tonic or shot-sized servings.
- Clean inside and out. Less makeup. Less alcohol. Fewer ingredients. No preservatives. Less is more, in pretty much everything health and beauty-related.
- Rapid recovery in the form of cryogenics or other ways to restore your body quickly.
- Full fat foods are fine, but think olive oil not ice cream.
- Once again, wearable tech and body weight-training stay as popular as they were last year.