My friend, Anthony, has been on an amazing healthy eating journey.
He has a job where his weight is closely scrutinized, and he’ll be the first to tell you that a love of Raising Cane’s chicken was not good for his figure.
So, he set about to eat healthier and make a lifelong change. He started exercising and lifting weights, and he prepares most of his meals and snacks in advance. That way, he has something ready and doesn’t resort to fast-food chicken.
He posts a lot of his ideas on Facebook, and I studied one of the posts lately to get some ideas for myself.
Some ideas for healthy, make-ahead meals and snacks include:
- Overnight oatmeal.
- Freezer breakfast sandwiches (whole-grain English muffins, egg whites, Canadian bacon)
- Breakfast bowls (egg whites, black beans, baby spinach)
- Sliced apples with a cup of natural peanut butter
- Sliced pears with a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese
- Tuna in a baby pita pocket
- 1/2 cup of granola with dried cranberries
- String cheese with 1/2 cup grapes
- Zucchini crisps
- Mason jar salads
- Prepared stir-fry bags – slice up meats and veggies; store in serving-size bags (separately) and stir-fry when you get home