share. The Brookshire's Blog

Shop the Sale: Honey Mustard Bacon Chicken Tenders


Are you finished with your holiday shopping?

I am.

Pretty much.

Except for the fact that my 11-year-old refused to tell me what he wanted for Christmas, because Santa “KNOWS.”

Then, of course, as soon as the big, brown box from Amazon was tucked safely into my secret spot, he says, “I think I’ll make my list now.”

Uh. Wait.

You told me you didn’t WANT anything SPECIFIC.

Liar, liar, pants on fire.

Oh my jolly-man-in-red.

Luckily, I managed to “guess” pretty accurately. I’d say about 75 percent of the items on his list are already wrapped and ready to go. The remaining 25 percent? Well, about 20 percent of that is “Not no way, no how.” Sorry, but “gaming laptop” isn’t happening this year. “Minecraft gift card,” on the other hand, is.

Do you need extra time this holiday season for unplanned shopping?

Try this quick and very delicious dish for a weeknight meal that will leave you lots of extra time for holiday shopping! Tyson boneless, skinless chicken tenders are on sale at Brookshire’s this week, leaving you extra change in the jar as well as in the wallet for this holiday season!

Honey Mustard Bacon Chicken Tenders

Ingredients
1 lb. of chicken tenders
1 lb. of bacon
1/2 cup honey
2 tsp spicy mustard powder or 1/4 cup prepared mustard
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp  red wine vinegar
salt and fresh cracked pepper

Directions
Whisk together the honey, mustard, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and rice wine vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Marinade the chicken tenders in half of the honey mustard for 30 minutes.

Remove chicken from marinade and wrap each piece with bacon. Place on a jelly roll sheet. Brush with the honey mustard marinade, crack pepper over each piece and bake for 10-12 minutes on 375.

After 10-12 minutes, flip each chicken over and brush again with the honey mustard. Bake another 10-12 minutes, until bacon is brown and crisp.

Nutritional Information: Calories Per Serving: 963, Calories from Fat: 502, Fat: 56 g, Trans Fat: 0 g (18 g Saturated Fat), Cholesterol: 226 mg, Sodium: 2760 mg, Potassium: 945 mg, Carbohydrates: 38 g, Sugar: 36 g, Protein: 75 g

View this recipe to print or add items to My Shopping List.

| Permalink | Print
Posted in: Shop the Sale

Product Talk

Each Monday we feature a new or interesting product.

Healthy Living

Tips on maintaining a healthy lifestyle, every Tuesday.

Shop the Sale

On Wednesdays, get a tip or idea on using an item in the circular.

Family Matters

Ideas for the whole family come to you every Thursday.

Dine In

Stop fighting the crowds, save money and dine in, every Friday.

Mi Blog Hispano

De Todo un Poco