Your mother always told you to take your vitamins, and like most things Mom said, you probably should have listened to her. Especially if you are like most of us, and your busy life means it’s sometimes hard to eat the balanced diet, full of fruits, vegetables and lean protein, that you know you need.
Vitamin supplements can help fill in the gaps between the nutrients your body needs and what you give it in the form of nutritious foods. This week, we’re offering a great chance for you to pick up vitamin supplements for the whole family, with a Buy One, Get One event on Nature’s Bounty nutritional supplements.
Nature’s Bounty has been supplying consumers with vitamin supplements for decades, and the company offers a dizzying array of supplements to meet your nutritional needs. In fact, if you haven’t been taking your vitamins, despite Mom’s advice, it can be hard to narrow down which of their products you need most.
A good multi-vitamin is a good starting point for most healthy adults and children. That way, you’ll be sure to get the “letter” vitamins that are so important for your overall health. Here’s a review of the primary benefits of the letter vitamins, which may help you determine which additional vitamin supplements to consider:
- Vitamin A: Vitamin A is mostly associated with maintaining vision, and yes, that’s why you were also always told to eat those carrots; they are a good source. Vitamin A also helps maintain healthy skin, teeth and your immune system.
- Vitamin B: The B complex has a wide array of benefits, mostly to do with your nervous system, circulation, heart health and metabolism. The newest thing in B vitamins has been the introduction of sublingual tablets, which dissolve under your tongue and quickly reach your circulatory and nervous system.
- Vitamin C: A natural antixodant, Vitamin C provides a big boost to the immune system, protecting your body from disease and helping it heal when it is ill or wounded.
- Vitamin D: Your body produces Vitamin D from exposure to sunlight, so in the winter, more people experience a deficiency. Vitamin D is important because it promotes healthy bones and teeth, and also helps your body absorb calcium.
- Vitamin E: Another effective antioxidant, Vitamin E is necessary for a good immune system, and helps your heart and circulatory system work more efficiently.