That New Years resolution to get your family healthy may be in the back of your mind but don’t give up.
If you start your child out young with healthy food choices they will grow into loving fruits and vegetables.
Fruit is not normally hard to get into your child’s diet because they are sweet, but vegetables can be a little difficult.
There are many different ways you can add more vegetables into your child’s diet.
- You may need to hide the vegetables by adding them to sauces and pureeing them. You can add pureed vegetable into your child’s favorite foods, like chicken nuggets. Make your own batter for chicken nuggets by adding a little pureed vegetable.
- If you add a side salad to lunch and dinner you will be adding more vegetables to your meal than you realize. You can add tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, avocados and your favorite vegetables.
- Be creative with your foods. Make your vegetables into animals and flowers to get your kids excited about eating vegetables.
- Kids love pizza, right? Start having a pizza night at home and make your own homemade pizza. When making the pizza, go easy on the cheese but stack it full of vegetables like corn, tomatoes, bell peppers, and mushrooms.
- Think small. Kids are little so they like little foods. They will love baby carrots, baby corn and small cherry tomatoes that they can just pop in their mouths!
- Find out how your children like their vegetables prepared. Maybe they do not like broccoli because it is cooked, see if they like it raw. Try cooking the vegetables different ways like roasting, baking or grilling.