Doesn’t just about everybody complain about how busy they are? I mean, really. How often do you hear anyone say they have free time and nothing to do with it? It happens; but not often. So for all you busy folks, here’s a list of time-saving grocery-shopping tips!
The Top Ten Ways to Save Time on Groceries
10. Try liquid egg replacer (like Egg Beaters) instead of in-the-shell eggs. They’re quick easy and lower in fat and calories! Omelets, anyone?
9. Canned beans are a quick and healthy alternative to meat. It’ll save you time as you add them to soup, chili, pasta sauce and salads. Black beans, salsa, shredded cheese….wrapped in a tortilla….yum!
8. Visit the deli. Besides a great selection of meats and cheeses, our prepared foods are better, easier and cheaper than takeout. You can get anything from fried chicken to eggplant parmagiana.
7. Try a bagged salad or slaw mix for quick and easy fresh veggies. Slaw mix + ranch salad dressing = instant cole slaw!
6. Ready-to-use pizza shells are found by the deli or dairy section. Load them up with cheese, sauce and toppings and dinner’s ready!
5. Frozen fruits and vegetables make it easy to eat healthy. Throw the veggies into casseroles and soups, or get the ready-to-steam variety that can be on your table in 5 minutes.
4. Whole-grain pita, wraps and English muffins are great sandwich alternatives.
3. Pre-marinated and pre-seasoned meats, vegetable, chicken and seafood skewers save prep and cooking time.
2.Pre-shredded cheeses save prep time.
1. Single-serve dairy products, like yogurt, cottage cheese and puddings make it easy to snack and run!