Sight is something that people often overlook, but your eyes are very important! Below are some tips to help keep your eyesight healthy & strong.
- Overexposure to the sun can accelerate cataract development. Protect your eyesight by wearing sunglasses as much as possible.
- Be aware that medications (both over-the-counter and prescription) can affect your eyesight.
- Always let your doctor know what you are taking to avoid potentially harmful combinations.
- Visit you optometrist every 3-5 years.
- People with pronounced eye problems should visit more frequently.
- Dry eyes occur when you body fails to product enough tears
- Causes are: aging, air quality, medicines, and computer use
- Treatment is artificial tears
- Caused by aero allergens (pollen; etc…)
- Symptoms include: red, itchy, or watery eyes
- Treated by allergy eye drops that contain antihistamines and decongestants
- Caused by irritants (chlorine, ammonia; etc.) or foreign bodies (dust, eyelashes; etc.)
- Treated with sterile eyewash