Operates an electric pallet jack to select orders, prepare and load trailers for shipping.
Starting Pay: $11.00 per hour
- Understands shipping documents.
- Stacks boxes of varying size, shape, and weight into a solid and stable unit on a pallet.
- Material handling that includes stacking product on or off pallet from floor to overhead or overhead to floor. Product weighs between 5 and 100 lbs.
- Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases, bales or others containers.
- Must demonstrate understanding of BGC’s training and safety programs concerning the safe operation of powered equipment and material handling.
- Must be able to perform any other usual and customary warehouse duty.
- Must be able to meet all requirements that are listed in the position description documents.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One year of related experience and /or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to review and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to communicate effectively with managers and partners.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to properly operate the computerized communication system for warehouse operations.
- Required to walk constantly, stoop, bend and squat constantly, lift constantly
- Close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Required to pass a physical agility test
- Noise level in work environment usually moderate.
- Ability to work in temperatures that range from -20 degrees Fahrenheit to 55 degrees Fahrenheit in the perishable warehouse to 35 degrees Fahrenheit to 95 degrees Fahrenheit in the grocery warehouse.
- Ability to perform basic math skills.
- Ability to perform warehouse functions for durations that normally last between 8 and 10 hours per shift.
Brookshire Grocery Company is firmly committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. The company offers employment opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected classification.