Operates an electric pallet jack to select orders, prepare and load trailers for shipping.
Starting Pay: $11.00
- Stacks boxes of varying size, shape and weight into a solid and stable unit on a pallet.
- Material handling that includes stacking product on or off pallet from floor to overhead or overhead to floor.
- Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases, bales or others containers.
- Must demonstrate understanding of BGC’s training and safety programs concerning the safe operation of powered equipment and material handling.
- Must be able to perform any other usual and customary warehouse duty.
- Must be able to meet all requirements that are listed in the position description documents.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
- One year of related experience and /or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Ability to review and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to comprehend shipping documents.
- Ability to communicate effectively with managers and partners.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal or diagram form.
- Ability to properly operate the computerized communication system for warehouse operations.
- Required to continuously walk, stoop, bend and squat. Continuously lifting objects between 5 and 100 pounds.
- Close vision and ability to adjust focus required.
- Required to pass a physical agility test.
- Noise level in work environment usually moderate.
- Ability to work in temperatures that range from -20 degrees Fahrenheit to 55 degrees Fahrenheit in the perishable warehouse.
- Ability to work in temperatures that range from 35 degrees Fahrenheit to 95 degrees Fahrenheit in the grocery warehouse.
- Ability to perform basic math skills.
- Ability to perform warehouse functions for durations that normally last between 8 and 10 hours per shift.
- Relevant assessment tests may be required.
Pick up/drop off completed applications at:
Brookshire’s General Office Guard Gate
1600 WSW Loop 323
Tyler, TX 75701
Submit resume to:
Brookshire Grocery Company strives to provide a safe, drug free and alcohol-free environment for its partners and guests. The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information or military status.