We all know that there are tips that can help you fix healthier foods. Have you tried these?
- Use less oil in baking recipes. If a cake calls for 1 cup of oil, you can get away with using just 2/3 cup.
- Let soups and stews cool, which allows the fat to rise to the top and solidify. You can easily skim it off with a spoon and then reheat.
- Decrease the amount of sugar in recipes by 1/4 to 1/2. Try to never use more than 1/4 cup of sweetener per cup of flour. To compensate, cut back on sour flavors and use a bit more of sweeter flavors like vanilla and cinnamon.
- Season your dishes with herbs, spices, lemon and flavored vinegar instead of high-fat and high-sugar sauces.
- Add beans, vegetables and fruits to your favorite dishes to boost the nutrition and flavor, as well as stretch out the number of servings.