We are approaching the summer months. Summer is grilling time, and grilling time means lots of juicy burgers! Here are tips for making yours the best ever:
- Burgers need a little fat to stay juicy. Try for 80 to 90% lean meat.
- Ground meat stays refrigerated for 2 to 3 days safely.
- Always wash surfaces, hands and utensils that come into contact with raw meat. Don’t allow uncooked burgers to stand at room temperature more than 1 hour.
- Don’t over mix when combining meat with other ingredients—this creates dry, tough burgers.
- Prevent sticking by making sure the grill is plenty hot before putting the burgers on. And spray the burger sides with nonstick spray before placing on the grill.
- Never flatten burgers as they cook. This squeezes out juices.
- Use a long-handled spatula with a heatproof handle to flip patties.
- Health experts recommend a well-done burger as the only safe burger.