Health experts everywhere agree: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Parents may agree, too, but they’re faced with the challenge of actually getting their children to eat breakfast!
Some kids are groggy in the morning, and others are part of a routine so fast-paced that sitting down to a meal seems like a luxury.Here are a few suggestions for portable breakfasts that are easy to carry with you in the morning. And PS:
Adults like these foods, too, so make plenty!
- Peanut butter on a whole-wheat English muffin, topped with sliced banana.
- A snack bag filled with dried cereal, walnuts and dried cherries!
- A hard-boiled egg, tangerine and a handful of whole-grain crackers.
- A stick of skim mozzarella cheese, a chunk of whole-grain bread and some grapes.
- A whole-wheat pita stuffed with cottage cheese and sliced peaches or blueberries.
- A whole-grain waffle toasted and spread with peanut butter and apple sauce.
- 2 pcs of whole grain bread spread with soft cheese and topped with strawberries.